[Base] d20 Cleric Class Variant
These materials represent the Incarna i20™ approach based on d20 use.
All characters should have a story
for the important elements of their composition.
Clerics are the manifestation of the will of the Divine Principal/Faith which they represent. They live a life according to its’ tenets, symbolizing their righteousness in the character’s success. They work with institutions, clergy, and political factions to advance the position of the faith and its followers in society. They are subject to the divine Voice of Authority commanded by avatars, priests (Clerics), and even institutional ranks. Characters of renown are typically found wielding holy weapons.
Primary Aptitude(s): Divine. Followers generally use Conviction and progress through the Get Incarna news via our Facebook site!.
: Standard i20 Level up is by campaign milestone. GMs
can implement other methods or, of course, by fiat at any time. Characters should be aware of limits imposed by Experiences
(such as Improvement Limits
). Multiclassing follows standard Incarna d20 multi-class parameters
They come from the Mystic Tradition of Inspiration. This class uses Adjuration type castings for determining Casting Constraints. With Conviction, this class can use Divine Connexion to call on small intercessions and counters.
Commitment to Mystic Tradition: If a character decides to commit to a single Tradition as well as using Aptitude for d20 and no Multiclassing, they gain a Committed Spell Progression.
Changes to the PHB Cleric Class
- Starting Equipment and Money: By campaign setting – DO NOT USE THE ©PLAYERS HANDBOOK.
- Essence: In order to facilitate the bonds of faith, the Cleric has several points of required Essence use (outside of possible Aptitude).
- Basic Bond: 2 @ 1st level – The character has deep and abiding commitment to their faith/deity (Divine Principle) to gain Good Standing in relation to the faith’s tenets.
- Holy Symbol Attunement: 1 @ 1st level – If Cleric is their primary class at the time of Character Inception, their Basic Bond includes this Attunement. Replacement holy symbols only need the Ritual of Attunement, no additional Essence.
- OPTIONAL = With Conviction, this class can use Divine Connexion to call on small intercessions and counters; Shared Litany to cooperate with others of the faith.
- The Cleric’s Holy Symbol is a form of Focus Point. They are provided one as part of their induction into the faith.
- Liturgical Participation: If this is their primary class at the time of Character Inception, they gain Lore: [Characters’ Faith] +2
- Tasha’s Cauldron Approved: Additional Cleric Spells (Optional Feature)
Soul Sacrifice (Offering)
The character kills a target in a manner proscribed by a Rite of Offering specific to their faith in order to gain 1 use of Channel Divinity. The use can be any they meet the requirements for.
Requirements: The victim must be sentient, and have Essence. Alignment: Non-Good only. This can only be done 1/Long Rest.
This presents a good opportunity for adding Roleplaying elements to the Character.
Class Choice can have a significant impact on how the character is played.