[Base] d20 Druid Class Variant
These rules are for compatibility with d20 System as represented in the Basic Rules presented in The ©Players Handbook™.
Story Emphasis: It is strongly suggested that all characters have some story for the important elements of their characters.
Universal for all classes: Starting Equipment and Money = By campaign setting – DO NOT USE THE ©PLAYERS HANDBOOK.
Primary Aptitude(s): Divine. Followers generally use Conviction and progress through the Get Incarna news via our Facebook site!.
: Leveling can be done in-game at any time if progressing in an existing class. It does not grant any spells or count as a Rest of any sort. Spells known must be studied after the knowledge is gained - typically a Long Rest in contemplative reflection and self-testing. Multiclassing follows standard Incarna d20 multi-class parameters
These are critical changes to how magic works - review carefully!By default, all 'spell casting' follows the d20 Empowered Magic rules that provide warranted changes to align with Incarna principles. This includes but is not limited to:
- Practice of Magic is divided into Low Arts and High Arts; Low Art (normal spells) ALL use, by default, Verbal, Somatic, and Material elements.
- The Arcane Focus or Holy Symbol is a form Focus Point Item and requires Attunement (1 Essence).
- Rules that remove the "each round" aspect of most spell saves
- This class uses Spell type castings for determining Casting Constraints (in armor/encumbered); Unfettered (from Encumbrance): +1 Spell Attack and Spell Save DC.
- Identifying magical Dweomers and Auras (items, places, etc.) - The Identify spell is generally replaced with the Rituals of Knowing and has different outcomes. See Identifying Items.
They come from the Mystic Traditions of Inspiration or Spark. This class uses Adjuration type castings for determining Casting Constraints. With Conviction, this class can use Divine Connexion to call on small intercessions and counters.
Commitment to Mystic Tradition: If a character decides to commit to a single Tradition as well as using Aptitude for d20 and no Multiclassing, they gain a Committed Spell Progression.
“DRUIDIC“: Druaeda is a lesser version of Occulash that is predominantly a written with Primitive spoken capability/Conversational literate capability.
Changes to the PHB Druid Class
- Essence: The Druid loses 1 Essence at 1st level for the deep ties to their deity Shared Litany (good standing with their faith’s tenets).
- The Druid’s druidic focus is a form of
- Focus Point. It can be combined with their Holy Symbol.
- Tasha’s Cauldron: Additional Druid Spells (Optional Feature); Circle of Spores
Soul Sacrifice (Offering)
The character kills a target in a manner proscribed by a Ritual in order to …
Requirements: The victim must be sentient, and have Essence. Alignment: Non-Good only. This can only be done 1/Long Rest.