Purpose: Characters can easily adopt one of the standard faith-based Purposes; Roleplaying
- Recovery for the faith or destruction of an enemy of the faith's Sacred Item (relic).
- Creation or a new or restoration of a Sacred Place (holy ground) or destruction of an enemy faith's.
- A political or social spotlight and/or office for the faith to elevate its position in society.
- The destruction of a powerful enemy of the faith.
- The violent and aggressive abolition of a particular creed hostile to the faith.
Elancil was once a goddess venerated far and wide. When the Sea king Empire was laid low, she took on a darker aspect, more erratic and gruesome. Previously, the strength of the Sea kings was due to her pitiless demeanor – her abhorrence of weakness created a strong empire. At the core of the empire was the ancient litany. It is seldom heard outside of Gwinn these days, and it is said only the most militaristic of the Gwinnish nobles still adhere to speaking it at her mass. It is often referred to as The Creed of the Merciless Sea…
Tides will bring good fortune and bad
it is hers to know when and where
There will be days of bounty,
and others when the nets are empty.
The sea is the strongest of all things,
inevitable, swallowing, always hungry
The sea-mothers ire is fierce like a hurricane
just as her gentleness is like the calm of days
Those who prove their strength to her
will be guarded by the unending strength of her
her gaze goes where all water goes,
her breath brings wind, mist, and fog wherever all water goes
appease her not, and she will breath down your neck and your tears will be of salt
offer to her what the mother is due and her arms will protect you
but never ask for mercy,
your strength in her eyes is what you can hold