Incarna is a system of gritty realism. The mechanics promote deadly combat, intense action, and the intended focus is on story, skills, and a mixture of combat and puzzle/problem solving. Some rules herein may reference concepts unique to Incarna - you will need access to the online rule set for specific details. Most GM’s can assess the Incarna specific elements in context and leave or remove them as needed. Where you see this: , the GM must "plug-in" their own materials to round out the adventure in their campaign. It is strong recommended something such as a Gaming Contract be put into place.
- In DnD terms, Incarna uses 8 hours rest as a short rest, and 1 week rest as a long rest.
- Incarna uses Sanity; this is an optional element of DnD and should be used.
- Incarna uses a form of life-power called Essence; (Charisma+Sanity)/2 = the starting “well” of Essence (which returns at 1/Short Rest if used to trigger effects). Items with Essence themselves require attunement before their benefits can be gained.
Setting: The Steel Realms
The Elven realm is in trouble. There is a dark force at work, disrupting the long time peace. Things stir that have faded from all but the eldest of the Elven council members and change is not something the faeries want. Peace has been the rule for too long, the peoples flourish and anything that jeopardizes that must be crushed. The council is worried that they were not able to detect this evil influence sooner, and the Unseelie Fey have finally gained enough council influence to insist outsiders be brought in as their own powers cannot be trusted. The PC's are that assistance.
The PC's are traveling near the Elven lands when the elves reach out for assistance - an extraordinary act that should be enough in an of itself to interest the party. They promise the well-wishings of their people and precious Elven treasures and weapons as reward.
Adventures part of this series:
- The Mad Hermit of Callval [Hinterlands of Yore] (Adventure)
- The Feygrimm of Frostshine [Hinterlands of Yore] (Adventure)
- Restless Elven Spirits [Hinterlands of Yore] (Adventure)
- A Nightmare in Ilyndra [Hinterlands of Yore] (Adventure)