Resilient: This is a rating indicates how armor, [some] effects, equipment, and weapons) can be interposed, reducing damage, before becoming useless (no AC bonus, encumbering, deals no damage). Choosing to use Resilience reduces the effect by 1 result. Each time the object loses a level of Resilience [without becoming useless], it incurs the following penalties: -2 AC and becomes encumbering (if worn), and any damage effects (either reducing or dealing) are reduced by 1. Greater Resilience is the same effect but a use of it does not reduce the AC rating of the item.
- Durable: An object is made tougher or made of tougher than normal materials. The object gains a measure of Resilience. Generally speaking this makes the object heaver (adding a minimum of 11 Strength for light armor and 13 for medium armor and 16 for heavy. If the object already had Resilience, the extra measure is treated as Greater Resilience.
- Fitted: The [worn] armor has the Strength requirement reduced by 2.
- Tailored: The [worn] armor has the maximum AC bonus for Dexterity increases by 1.
- Reinforced: The armor reduces damage done per hit [by 1 of any type], up to a number of times equal to its AC bonus.
Shields are actively interposed to gain their maximum benefits. They can be operated manually or managed by an artificial intelligence.
Hand-held shields are physical objects that are maneuvered to block blows.
• Small (covering roughly 25% of the target; +1 AC)
• Medium (covering roughly 50% of the target; +2 AC)
• Large (covering roughly 75% or more of the target; +2 AC)
A Screen is powered armoring (usually covering the entire object to be protected); it is a projected force or energy that filters out specific damage type(s).
|Shield||1||Small: 8 Strength
Large: 12 Strength
|Shield||2||Small: 12 Strength
Large: 14 Strength
Technology allows for the use of advanced in material and process science to achieve a higher degree of quality with less time and cost, and makes it more widely available. For example, for the same relative price point a riot shield made of plastic has all the encumbrance of a light shield and takes punishment as medium armor. Advanced composites may automatically grant that effects of Durable or Resilient with no extra weight or encumbrance.
+1: For each Plus, the Armor gains 1 level of Durability (Extra Resilience). As long as it has 1 Resilience, it can be repaired. The cost is 20% of the armor’s value per point restored.
For more details, see Divine Items.
For more details, see Occult Items.
For more details, see Psychic Items.