[Base] d20 Barbarian Class Variant
These rules are for compatibility with d20 System as represented in the Basic Rules presented in The ©Players Handbook™.
Barbarian is a cultural moniker. IT DOES NOT SIMPLY MEAN IGNORANT BRUTE. It is a way of life living close to and with the environment, tapping consciously or unconsciously into anima sources to empower warrior of great vitality and spirit.
Read the Incarna d20 Variant rule summary.
- Starting Equipment and Money = By campaign setting – DO NOT USE THE ©PLAYERS HANDBOOK.
- Story Emphasis: It is strongly suggested that all characters have some story for the important elements of their characters.
: Leveling can be done in-game at any time if progressing in an existing class. It does not grant any spells or count as a Rest of any sort. Spells known must be studied after the knowledge is gained - typically a Long Rest in contemplative reflection and self-testing. Multiclassing follows standard Incarna d20 multi-class parameters
Primary Aptitude(s): Kinetic (Path of the Berserker).
These are critical changes to how magic works - review carefully!By default, all 'spell casting' follows the d20 Empowered Magic rules that provide warranted changes to align with Incarna principles. This includes but is not limited to:
- Practice of Magic is divided into Low Arts and High Arts; Low Art (normal spells) ALL use, by default, Verbal, Somatic, and Material elements.
- The Arcane Focus or Holy Symbol is a form Focus Point Item and requires Attunement (1 Essence).
- Rules that remove the "each round" aspect of most spell saves
- This class uses Spell type castings for determining Casting Constraints (in armor/encumbered); Unfettered (from Encumbrance): +1 Spell Attack and Spell Save DC.
- Identifying magical Dweomers and Auras (items, places, etc.) - The Identify spell is generally replaced with the Rituals of Knowing and has different outcomes. See Identifying Items.
- All barbarians mental threshold to the spirit realms is lower, in order to channel their powers. Starting Sanity is 10.
- Tasha’s Cauldron: NOTHING
- Xanathar’s Guide: Ancestral Guardian path