One with the Land
This is a generic personal Bond through the Tradition of Mystic Patronage to serve, in essence, “Mother Nature”/The Great Spirit of the Land. The character becomes connected to The Pattern by life energies and bonds of anima, not a specific Principal. These characters are typically pragmatic, cooperative, and have a certain empathy for all things. They are never evil or malicious (unless righting a great wrong against Nature).
A character can have several bonds to the land (plane/continuum), each applicable only to the land the oath is taken on. Only a single oath can be taken at the time of Character Inception. Each plane or realm they wish to have their powers work in without fail is an additional 1 time Essence sacrifice. Significant time to acquire/achieve outside of Character Inception.
Sworn and Beholden
– The (Major
of the Oath (there are no trivial or minor).
Keep water, skies, earth and air clean – even from over use by creatures of nature. Let not resources be over-exploited; A field shall not grow fallow, a stream shall not dry up, and no animal or food stuff vanish by extinction unless by natural process. Free any beast that is leashed and has no reason to be (basically not tame/domesticated). To safeguard the natural places and creatures against over-exploitation and gratuitous destruction. To offer aid to those lost in nature, and to teach humane animal husbandry to all and share the pain or joy of the land to those who work it so they may improve their ways. Nature sustains all, live in balance with it, and be not destructive to it.
Common Costs: Essence (1 Minimum)
d20™ One with the Land Details
Benefits of the Standard Oath
- Advantage on any Survival skill check to make non-damaging traps.
- Recognize and understand the inscribed version of Druidic Druid-Sign.
- Advantage on checks using an Herbalism Kit.
Benefits of the High Oath
Requirements: 1 Divine Aptitude, 1 Kinetic Aptitude, 1 Psychic Aptitude
- Standard Oath Benefits
- Attend the Land: Once per hour, the character can use Primeval Awareness (as per Ranger power).
- Enhanced Speech of Beast and Leaf: You have the ability (as an Action) to communicate in a limited manner with beasts and plants using sounds and gestures and touch. They can understand the meaning of your words, though you have no special ability to understand them in return though they can easily communicate simple ideas from the past day or if something is a fixed part of their environment. You have advantage on all Charisma checks you make to influence them. Along with Concentration, a use of Primeval Awareness, and a DC 10 Charisma (Persuade) check may be made to:
- Land’s Defense: Provided there is enough materials, the character can call upon the land and cover them with the equivalent of a Barkskin spell for 10 minutes.
- Land’s Cover: The character obscured by Half Cover can have the land actively provide dynamic cover, increasing the level to Three Quarter for 10 minutes.
- Land’s Displacement: The land actively defends the character so that any foes within 15′ or in direct melee with them have their movement reduced as if they were on Difficult Terrain for 10 minutes.
- Favored Terrain: Choose a Favored Terrain; The character perceives all around them as if the land were alive. While in this Terrain. While on this Favored Terrain, they gain the following Benefits:
- All Enhanced Speech of Beast and Leaf effects can be triggered as a Bonus Action, and are doubled in duration or applied to any bonded animal companion within 120′ as well.
- Land’s Centering: Advantage on Sanity checks
- Land’s Resistance: Each Long Rest, they may select a spell from the Druid Circle list matching one of their Favored Terrains and gain Advantage on saves against it.
- Land’s Anchor: By using Primeval Awareness, they gain (to a maximum of 20) +1 Dexterity or +1 Strength for 1 hour.